SPICED PLUM COMPOTE & CREAM
- 350g ripe plums.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 1/2 cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated.
- 3 tablespoons water.
- 2 tablespoon double cream.
- Halve and stone the plums and put in a small saucepan with the honey, cinnamon stick, grated root ginger and water.
- Cover and heat very gently for about 5 minutes until the plums are soft but not falling apart.
- Allow to cool and then spoon over the cooked porridge with spoonfuls of double cream.