QUAKER OATS LAMB SHANK SOUP
- 1 ½ Quaker White Oats
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 onion, cubes
- 1 carrots, cubes
- ½ celery, slices
- 1 bay leave
- 2 cardamom
- salt and pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 dried lemon
- 1 tablespoon ghee
Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place lamb shanks in a pot cover with water over a medium-high heat.
- Add celery, onion, carrots, bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and dried lemon, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes till meat is tender.
- Remove shanks from stock, pull 1 shank and set aside.
- Strain stock and return to pot with pulled meat.
- Stir in Quaker White Oats, cook until well combined and thickened for 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan over a medium heat,
- Sauté remaining shank till browned from all sides.
- Serve Quaker oats lamb shank soup warm, place shank in the middle.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.