LENTILS FETTA WITH QUAKER OATS
- 1 ½ cups brown lentils
- 3 tablespoons Quaker Oats
- ¼ cup penne pasta cooked al dente
- ½ cup tamarind soaked in boiling water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 5 onions thinly sliced (julienne)
- 2 handfuls finely chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin or as desired
- Salt as desired
- 1 Lebanese bread cut into diamond shaped pieces and grilled in olive oil
- Allow the lentils & Quaker Oats to cook well on low heat with 1 liter boiling water or till it’s tender and soft.
- Add the drained pasta, cumin and tamarind juice to lemon juice.
- In a frying pan, fry the onions in olive oil and add the coriander.
- Serve the mix in a plate.
- Add the onions and coriander on the top.
- Cover with the grilled bread pieces.