EGGPLANT & POTATO BAKE
- 1 large eggplant cut into thick roundels (175 gms)
- 2 medium size potatoes boiled & sliced (150gms)
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 medium sized tomatoes blanched ( 250 gms )
- 100 gms mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped bell peppers
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (opt)
- 3 tbsp cumin soup
- ½ cup water
- For white sauce
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 35 gms cream cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ tsp butter
For veg sauce
- Sprinkle sliced eggplants with salt & set aside for 20 mins .
- Pat dry the eggplants and arrange on a greased skillet , cook for 5-8 mins or till tender and browned.
- Peel the blanched tomatoes ,coarsely grind & keep aside .
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan , add minced garlic and chopped mushrooms and cook till the extra juices evaporate .
- Add in tomatoes, chili flakes, salt , pepper and roughly torn basil leaves & cook for 5-6.
- Add bell pepper and simmer till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and lightly roast Quaker oats for 2 mins , add in milk , salt & pepper & cook till it thickens. Add cream cheese and turn off the flame.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Grease the baking dish , place the sliced potatoes at the bottom, top it with some veg sauce and eggplants. Pour the white sauce and repeat the layers.
- Finally top with cheese and bake for 22-25 mins or till the top is golden brown.
- Rest for 15 mins and serve.
For veg sauce
For white sauce